Saturday, February 28, 2009

My Valentines Music

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. ~Berthold Auerbach


My awesome hubby for the second year in a row he has put together a list of songs for me and loaded them on to my MP3 player. I love them. He is a quiet guy, so when I listen to the songs the teenage girl inside me feels that they are really just for me. Ya know... like they are his words. Silly huh.

Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent. ~Victor Hugo

V-day 2008

  • Freedom!- George Michael
  • Shadow Of the Day - Linkin Park
  • Everything -Alanis Moissette
  • Only a Fool - The Black Crows
  • What I Like About You - The Romantics
  • Can't Get Enough of You Baby - Smash Mouth
  • Are You Gonna Go My Way - Lenny Kravitz
  • Loving the Alien - Velvet Revolver
  • Strobe Light - B-52's
  • Deuces Are Wild - Areosmith
  • Somekind of Wonderful - Grand Funk Railroad
  • Only You - Yaz
  • Let My Love Open the Door - Pete Townsend

V-day 2009

  • Smooth - Santana
  • Unbelievable - EMF
  • I Was Made For Lovin' You - Kiss
  • Show Me Your Soul - Red Hot Chili Peppers
  • I''m The One - Van Halen
  • Accidentally in Love - Counting Crows (No, we didn't have to get married.)
  • Lover Rears It's Ugly Head - Living Colour
  • To You Alone - The Beta Band
  • Can't Live Without You - Scorpions
  • Feel Like Makin' Love - Dangerous Toys ( Cover of my favorite song by Bad Company.)
  • Whole Wide World - Wreckless Eric
  • Jungle Love - Morris Day
  • When I First Kissed You - Extreme
  • Lenny - Stevie Ray Vaughan

So, all you Bloggers, if you want to hear some great songs while your little fingers are typing away, go to You Tube or Pandoraradio.com and give' em a listen too.

I also have made a list of song for him the past to years as well, are you ready for them?

Just kiddin' I won't torture you with more lengthly lists.

I have my own particular sorrows, loves, delights; and you have yours. But sorrow, gladness, yearning, hope, love, belong to all of us, in all times and in all places. Music is the only means whereby we feel these emotions in their universality. ~H.A. Overstreet




3 comments:

Boy Mom said...

I love it when you two make playlists for each other. I'm sure every word of every song is just for you.

I had so much fun being part of your Valentines project for him.

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

So fun! Sure makes me think of those cassette tapes we used to make for each other. Ya know, off of the radio? Where you could hear your friends yelling at their brother in the background?

We have come a long way, baby!

Nurse Boy NEVER made me a tape, or a playlist.

You got yourself a keeper!

Mrs. Nurse Boy

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

I am disappointed that "Staying Alive" is not on the playlist. I think you should re-up with the ACLS. Not for any other reason than if I should have to teach it, then everyone should have to take it. I work in the GI lab. We make plenty of people stop breathing, but for the most part their hearts keep going.